Posted on December 31st 2018 by Jason Rawles
There’s no doubt that 2018 has been a roller coaster! Someone told me it would be and boooooooyyyy were they right! My reconstructed wrist is now ready to climb, business is looking good and there are some EXCITING plans for 2019. It’s very much game on.
It’s also been a dark, lonely place and at times I’ve felt incredibly lost. Trying to juggle everything has been hard and certainly my physical health has taken its toll. I’m forever grateful to the people around me who light up the shadows and mostly they don’t know they’re doing it. That’s how amazing they are.
While I don’t believe in the ‘new year new me’ principle it always feels like a decent time to fine tune the engine a little. Not new me, more like, improved me. That said, we should always be looking to be our best.
With that in mind I’d like to share 12 learnings and principles from 2018 that I’ll be taking in to 2019. It’s not everything as such, more some working principles.
I’d love to hear about yours and perhaps leave them in the comments below?
- Do the right thing rather than doing things right for the good of others 🙌
- Use social media as a platform for real life inspiration and not fake falseness 💡
- Be polite, a good person and live my vales 🙏
- Support and promote fairness in society 🧡
- Structure things to spend more time with people 👫
- Keep learning and be curious 🤓
- Love myself more and especially my health and wellbeing 💪
- Train hard and eat well 🏃♂️
- Finish things that need to be finished 🤞
- Ensure I get better quality sleep 😴
- Be outdoors more than I am (awake!) indoors 🗺
- Be more open to love, help and support 🤗
I’ll share more details about 2019 in due course. Some of it is close to my chest and some is an open book. It’s incredibly exciting.
A lot (including competitions/discounts/offers etc.) will be shared via my email list and you can click on the link below to become a member of my newsletter family –
For now, I wish you the happiest and healthiest of 2019’s.
Thank you to all those who have supported and helped me on this journey of mine and thanks in advance for what people will do.
I’m so incredibly fortunate and I couldn’t do what I do, without YOU!
You complete me!!!!!!!!!! 🕺
PS – book coming soon…(see point 9!) 👇