This is your chance, in a controlled way, to push from walking to scrambling with a qualified and insured guide. This will be a weekend of scrambling in the mountains of north Wales. Weather dependent but we will look at:
- The wonderful Snowdon Horseshoe which includes Crib Goch and Lliwed which are both grade one scrambles
- The superb Bochlwyd Horseshoe which includes Tryfan North Ridge, Bristly Ridge and Y Gribin
Cost is £100 and excludes accommodation and travel. Maximum of 12 spaces with a minimum of 4 and excludes accommodation and travel. Kit list supplied once booking is confirmed.
A weekend of map and navigation skills to help build your confidence and competence in the outdoors. We start from the beginning and will build you up to have a super foundation to run, plan and be part of great adventures.
By the end of the weekend you will be able to:
- Identify the right map for your adventure
- Understand map symbols and feautures
- Orient the map using the ground around and a compass
- Recognise the ground around using features and contours
- Understand timing and pacing
- Take bearings to give you a direction of travel
- Plan adventures and break them in to smaller legs
- Understand safety procedures relevant to your environment
- Look at kit needed for safe and fun adventures
- Be able to ask questions and chat about future learning
Cost is £100 and excludes accommodation and travel.
Kit list and suggested accommodation supplied once booking is confirmed. The course is based in Llanberis, north Wales. Minimum number is 4 and maximum is 12.
We will spend two days in the stunning mountains of north Wales with a wild camp on the Saturday evening. Location/route dependent on weather but we will start from near Llanberis.
Cost is £100 and excludes accommodation and travel. Maximum of 20 spaces with a minimum of 4 and excludes accommodation and travel. Kit list supplied once booking is confirmed.